1 week ago
Why Use Custom Healthcare Software?
Table of Contents:
- Benefits from Using Healthcare Software
- Types of Custom Healthcare Software
- Healthcare Software Trends
- Custom-Build Healthcare Software
Why Use Custom Healthcare Software?
Healthcare technology is evolving at such velocity that the momentum is now unstoppable. Custom healthcare software solutions that seemed futuristic only a decade ago are now ubiquitous. Indeed, it is hard to imagine modern healthcare organizations without Telemedicine, Electronic Health Recording, Personal Health Records, and Hospital Management Software. Read on to find out reasons to use these and how they benefit doctors, medical facilities, and patients alike.
Integration of custom software enables businesses and medical professionals to increase value, optimize efficiency and reduce costs.
This is tangible throughout the facility in many ways:
- Automation of routine tasks and minimization of paperwork clear resources for examinations and consultations;
- Real-time access to data accelerates all processes in the facility;
- Early detection of diseases results in better accuracy of diagnoses and success rate of treatment;
- Smooth communication with patients, co-workers, and colleagues from other clinics;
- Improved handling of patient records is vital for building individual health plans and strategies;
- Significant cost reduction as expenses on costly servers, networking, and software are minimized.
Benefits for Patients
Custom medical software improves service quality and patient experience to no end. Some of the benefits include:
- Less time spent in queues and clinics as appointment scheduling systems are becoming more advanced;
- Smooth communication between medics and patients from any device means some routine examinations and medical treatment can be done remotely;
- Stricter control over medication prescriptions and easier access to health records as medical examinations are literally one click away.
There are various types of healthcare software, and their combination builds the foundation of future-proof health technology. Patient-centric solutions facilitate the interaction between patients and medical institutions, while business-centric ones provide medical organizations and professionals with a fluent workflow.
Read on to understand what types of software healthcare providers utilize.
Electronic Health Recording Software (EHR)
EHR is among the most popular types of medical software. It collects patient data and history and stores it all in a digital format that facilitates sharing the information across healthcare systems. The EHR storage and management of medical information significantly minimize the volumes of paperwork, accelerate all processes in the organization, and improve service quality.
Hospital Management Software (HMS)
HMS is a comprehensive, integrated solution that supports medical workers and hospital administration by handling different aspects of the facility’s workflow. It provides smooth communication between co-workers, automates routine tasks, manages human and financial resources, and guarantees an uninterrupted supply chain. Besides EHR and HMS, business-centric solutions include Medical Imaging Software, Medical Diagnosis Software, and Medical Billing Software.
The pandemic changed most aspects of everyday life, and with quarantine, self-isolation, remote work, and overall remote everything dynamics, online medical treatment has become more accessible than ever. And it comes as no surprise as Telemedicine is so convenient for patients and physicians, who can connect via all known devices like mobile phones, laptops, or tablets.
After all, not all symptoms require treatment in person, and neither do minor injuries and infections or certain types of therapies. As for the patients, most would rather receive medical advice in the comfort of their homes whenever possible instead of queuing in front of doctors’ offices. With Telemedicine, we really have a win-win situation.
Personal Health Record Software
Personal Health Record software enables patients to assess their health, track their physical condition progress, and manage their treatment remotely. Instantly accessible from any device, digitalized personal health records contain the patient’s entire medical history, including medications, immunizations, allergies, etc. They can also be connected to the facility’s EHR systems to grant all necessary data to all parties at all times.
E-Prescribing and Appointment Scheduling Software
E-Prescribing Software facilitates medication prescription control, enabling patients and physicians to track and modify dosage, add or remove drugs, renew or cancel prescriptions. Appointment Scheduling Software coordinates facilities’ calendars with appointment requests to automate the booking of available time slots.
Among the key trends in healthcare software development, here are the ones to watch in 2022 and beyond:
1. Self-care and online communication are becoming indispensable, as patients increasingly prefer remote contact with physicians and getting medical treatment only if necessary.
2. Electronic Medical Records software is expected to expand as all medical records are in the process of becoming digital and about to connect all data that is still separated.
3. The rise of Telemedicine is unstoppable as it is the ultimate form of remote communication between patients and medical professionals.
4. Blockchain technology that increases supply chain transparency and guarantees secure and transparent online financial operations.
5. Artificial Intelligence is becoming ubiquitous and is about to play an even more crucial role in the remote treatment of patients, new drugs development, and increase of diagnostic accuracy.
6. IoT and Wearables (also known as the Internet of Medical Things) enable the industry to become more connected than ever. Smartwatches, bio patches, smart hearing aids, smart pills – none of these are science fiction anymore.
7. Healthcare Privacy and Security are to remain paramount for healthcare beyond 2022. Data breaches annually affect millions of people, and businesses need to go the extra mile to fight off cyber criminals and protect all patient data at all costs.
Building custom healthcare software is an arduous task and can cost a fortune, especially if recruiting an in-house team in Western Europe or stateside. That is why healthcare organizations often get in touch with software services partners who can provide dedicated teams at remote development centers that not only reduce costs but offer a wider talent pool to tap into.
Eastern Europe and especially EU members like Bulgaria, Romania, or Croatia are currently among the best destinations for IT outsourcing. Besides top software engineers, designers, and project managers, the remote development centers in the region offer better flexibility and scalability, top-shelf tech stack, and faster time to market. Add EU legislation and compliance plus different time zones that provide extended business coverage, and you have a winning combination.
HealthTech never stands still, and innovative healthcare software products and services are beneficial for all involved parties– patients, health workers, medical facilities, and healthcare organizations. At Scalefocus we have a proven track record in the industry and have already been in charge of projects that have helped shape the future of healthcare.
Do not hesitate to contact us, and we will be more than happy to assist you with projects!
Senior Content Writer