Senior Java Developer with Fintech/Banking Experience
Are you a seasoned Senior Java Developer with Fintech/Banking Experience willing to grow as a professional and work on large-scale projects, using technology stack that is both diverse and cutting-edge? Are you passionate about innovative and top-notch software solutions and want to be part of like-minded professionals? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, yet collaborative environment?
If your answer is “Yes”, we would love to talk to you.
Who are we?
Scalefocus provides tailored software solutions and services that empower businesses to grow and meet the challenges of tomorrow. We are a worldwide organization with a global perspective and a proven track record in accelerating innovations for companies in North America, Europe, and the Middle East.
Bringing together a world-class engineering team and industry expertise we help businesses navigate the technology maze in Healthcare, Fintech, Insurance, Energy & Utilities, IT, Logistics, E-Commerce & Retail, Manufacturing and others.
Our tailor-made solutions result from our constant aim at technology excellence and the experience we’ve gained from 500+ successfully completed projects in 26 countries for 300+ clients, which include Fortune 500 companies, innovative start-ups, and established leaders across a variety of industry verticals.
Who are we looking for?
Our technical team is expanding, and we have a thrilling job opportunity for Senior Java Developer with Fintech/Banking Experience who is seeking a challenging work in international projects for worldwide clients and wants to contribute for our development and growth.
What your responsibilities are going to be?
As a Senior Java Developer, you will play a pivotal role in the design, development, and implementation of our banking solutions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating closely with Business Analysts and Product Owners to refine user stories and requirements.
- Identifying, prioritizing, and executing tasks within the software development life cycle.
- Taking end-to-end ownership of our platform, from architecture through to infrastructure.
- Mentoring and guiding junior developers, fostering their growth and skills development.
- Working independently and proactively, seeking details and answers
- Raising challenges and proposing software improvements to enhance the overall quality and performance of our solutions.
What qualifications are needed?
To succeed in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Software Developer, with a strong focus on Java technologies.
- Fintech/Banking professional expertise is required
- Proficient in clean coding methodologies, such as SOLID and YAGNI.
- Solid experience with Java frameworks, particularly Spring Boot and Micronaut.
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL beyond simple queries.
- Experience working in a full software development life cycle environment under Agile methodologies.
- Capability to lead software design and implementation best practices, including Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Source Control policies.
- Willingness to engage in full stack development, encompassing database development, Java development, and front-end (web) development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent discipline.
- Proficiency in additional technologies, including Git, Tomcat, and Maven.
By joining us:
- You will have flexibility with working hours and location
- You will have the chance to work with and learn from some of the best professionals in your field
- You will have exposure to large scale multimillion user systems and hundreds of petabytes of data to work with that can help you gain an unmatched professional experience
- You will work in a friendly, informal, and relaxed environment, provided by a team of professionals with diverse expertise
- You will get a competitive remuneration package, based on your performance
- You will receive a set of flexible social benefits, based on your personal preferences
- You will receive training and professional development opportunities
- You will have equally rewarding opportunities for career growth in technical and managerial field
- We enjoy the flexibility to work from everywhere and this is a crucial point in the way we operate
- We believe in personal choices, so we have a flexible benefits system where you can choose what works for you
- Working with the people you value is important to us, so we make sure to provide generous referral bonuses and awards
- We encourage continuous learning and development, hence we provide a multitude of training, certification, and leadership programs
- We care about our people’s well-being and we make sure to include mental health benefits and workshops
- We love spending time together so we have frequent teambuilding activities, events and gatherings
- We offer you the opportunity to grow in a multinational environment by working with international teams and clients
This job opportunity is active for all ScaleFocus locations. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
What would be considered as an advantage?
The following skills and experience would be advantageous but are not mandatory:
- Familiarity with event-driven architectures based on RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or MongoDB.
- Experience with in-memory caches, including Redis.